Garden-In-A-Box and Greener Golden Event
The City of Golden and the Center for ReSource Conservation (CRC) are offering an easy, fun and affordable way to create beautiful, water-conserving gardens through the purchase of a Garden-in-a-Box kit. Gardens can be pre-purchased now. Order one of six available water-wise Garden-In-A-Box kits and receive a “plant-by-number” design, 25-50 xeric perennial plants and planting and care instructions, all below retail cost. Gardens fit into a 50-100 square foot area and feature full sun, shade, a parkway strip and delicious edible designs.
Also available this year are additional tools for saving water such as drip kits and control clocks. To view all garden selections and pre-purchase gardens visit GardenStore.ConservationCenter.org. Gardens will be available for pick-up Saturday May 12, 2012.
Greener Golden Event
Please join us on Saturday May 12, 2012, 9am to noon, for our annual Greener Golden Event, and take part in fun activities to kick-off the growing season. The event will be held at the Golden Community Garden, located at the west end of 8th Street, between the Briarwood and the Community Center:
- Pick up your pre-ordered Garden in a Box and other water saving tools from CRC
- Have your questions answered by CSU Extension Master Gardeners
- Learn about Community Supported Agriculture and how to receive fresh produce all season from Colorado growers
- Tour the Community Garden and consider signing up for a plot
- Meet members of our local garden clubs
- Learn about backflow preventers and their proper maintenance
- Take a tour of Golden’s Water Treatment Plant
- Grab some free compost (please bring your own container; limited quantities available)
- And much more!