Golden Community Center Temporary Closure Planned
The Golden Community Center will be closed August 20-26, 2012 for maintenance. The center will reopen with normal operating hours beginning Monday, August 27.
While we regret the inconvenience this temporary closure will cause our patrons, the shutdown is essential in the maintenance of our facilities, allowing staff the opportunity to perform work that cannot be done when the facility is in use.
We have made every effort to ensure alternative options are available to patrons who would like to swim and use workout facilities during the Golden Community Center closure:
- The Splash at Fossil Trace, 3151 Illinois St., will be open for public swimming 3:30-6:15 p.m. Monday through Friday that week (Aug 20-24), and from 10 a.m.-6:15 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Aug 25-26).
- Lap swimming will be available that week at Splash 6 a.m.-6:15 p.m. Monday through Friday (Aug 20-24), and from 10 a.m.-Noon, Saturday and Sunday (Aug 25-26).
- All active annual and 20 visit pass holders may use their passes at the Splash during the closure.
- All active annual and 20 visit pass holders may use their passes at the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center, 4005 Kipling St, as well.
- Additional outdoor group exercise classes are also available for all pass holders.
Parks and Recreation Division offices will remain open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and staff may still be contacted through the City of Golden switchboard at 303-384-8000. Information and registration for upcoming programs is available through our website rec.cityofgolden.net.