President Obama to Visit Golden on Thursday: Here’s what you need to know
Presidential Visit Details:
Event Date: Thursday, Sept. 13, 2012
Event Location: Lions Park - 10th and Maple Streets
Doors Open: 8:30 a.m.
General Information: Parking is not available on site. Limited parking is available on the street and in the vicinity, including the public parking garages on Jackson St. (near 11th & 12th streets). Please arrive early as parking may take longer than expected. Carpooling and public transit* are strongly encouraged.
* RTD Bus Routes 16, 16L, 17 and GS drop off at 10th St. and Washington Ave. (just blocks from the event)
* Park and ride is available from RTD Federal Center Station (11601 W. 2nd Place, Denver Federal Center in Lakewood)
Limited handicap parking (first come, first served) as well as handicapped drop-off is available at the intersection of 10th and Illinois streets.
It is important to arrive early in order to pass through security. A ticket is required for entry into this event.
- Small cameras and cell phones are permitted.
- Please limit personal belongings.
- Do not bring bags larger than 12”x12”, umbrellas or sharp objects.
- No water bottles, but water will be provided at the event.
- Signs will not be permitted into the event.
Information for Residents:
- 8th street from Briarwood to Cheyenne
- 9th at Illinois
- 10th and Illinois
- Lookout Mountain Rd. will be closed at the bottom and the top in both directions.
All road closures will go into effect at 5 a.m. on Thursday. Residents will be allowed to enter and exit on foot up to 15 minutes prior to departure. Residents will be allowed to exit in vehicles until 10 a.m.
Noise: Amplified sound will be present early evening on Wednesday (9/12) and Thursday (9/13) morning.
The President is expected to speak at approximately 11 a.m. All events should be clear and roads are expected to open back up around 1 p.m.