The City of Golden is a designated Passport Acceptance Facility under the auspices of the U.S. Department of State.
City of Golden City Hall
911 10th Street
Golden, CO 80401
Hours: 8am – 4:30pm, Monday through Thursday (No appointment necessary)
- Applicants should fill out the US Department of State forms prior to arriving.
- Proof of Citizenship: State certified birth certificate, previous passport, or a naturalization certificate.
- Proof of Identity: Valid drivers license (not temporary or learner’s permit), naturalization certificate, previous U.S. passport, government issued I.D. with photo and signature, or military I.D. with photo and signature.
- One color photograph: 2” x 2” with white background is required. The City of Golden does not have photo services available.
- For minors under 15: Child and both parents listed on birth certificate must be present. (See Quick Link below for more information).
- For minors 16-17: Minor and one parent listed on birth certificate must be present. (See Quick Link below for more information).
- U.S. Department of State fees for passport books, passport cards and expediting fees MUST BE paid to the U.S. Department of State by check or money order.
- The City of Golden fees of $25 for execution must be paid to the City of Golden by cash, check, money order, Visa or Master Card.
- Applying for a Passport for the First Time
- All minors under age 16
- All minors 16-17
- Expedited Passport for Travel in Less Than 2 Weeks
- Passport Renewal
- Passport Fees
- Passport Photo Requirements
- Passport Processing Time
- Checking the Status of Your Passport Application
- Frequently Asked Questions About Passports