Phone: (303) 384-8000
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday
*Appointments are strongly encouraged. Walk-ins will be accommodated as scheduling allows, but walk-in service is not guaranteed. Please call (303) 384-8000 to make your appointment and ensure timely service.
- Applicants should fill out the US Department of State forms prior to arriving.
- Proof of Citizenship: State certified birth certificate, previous passport, or a naturalization certificate.
- Proof of Identity: Valid drivers license (not temporary or learner’s permit), naturalization certificate, previous U.S. passport, government issued I.D. with photo and signature, or military I.D. with photo and signature.
- One color photograph: 2” x 2” with white background is required. The City of Golden does not have photo services available.
- For minors under 15: Child and both parents listed on birth certificate must be present. (See U.S. Department of State website for more information).
- For minors 16-17: Minor and one parent listed on birth certificate must be present. (See U.S. Department of State website for more information).
- U.S. Department of State fees for passport books, passport cards and expediting fees MUST BE paid to the U.S. Department of State by check or money order.
- The City of Golden fees of $25 for execution must be paid to the City of Golden by cash, check, money order, Visa or Master Card.
Learn more about applying for a passport
If you have questions about your passport application, whether you’re applying for the first time, renewing your passport, obtaining a passport for a child, or need to expedite your passport for an upcoming trip, you can learn more on the U.S. Department of State website.