Our mission is to partner with the community to solve problems, preserve the peace, enforce the law and protect life and property.
We strive to provide great service through technical excellence, leadership development and creating an enjoyable work environment.
To serve our community effectively, our focus is as follows:
- Protecting life and property
- Reducing crime and the fear of crime
- Enforcing the laws and arresting criminals
- Enhancing citizen and police relationships
The men and women of the Golden Police Department are extremely proud of the work they perform in service of the citizens of Golden. The department is committed to the ideas of community service, leadership, technical excellence, and creating and maintaining a positive work environment.
We take pride in our ability to work with all segments of the community. Problem solving and our open communication policy with the public remain a major component of our service commitment.
ICE Victim Notification Program
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Victim Notification Program allows eligible victims and witnesses to obtain reliable and timely information regarding a criminal alien’s release from custody. To be notified, victims and witnesses must first register with the agency.
Please visit www.ice.gov/victim-notification to register, and learn more about the program.
The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement (CALEA)
The Golden Police Department has achieved accreditation with CALEA, following a rigorous application and assessment process:
- CALEA Accreditation requires an agency to develop a comprehensive, well thought out, uniform set of written directives. This is one of the most successful methods for reaching administrative and operational goals, while also providing direction to personnel.
- CALEA Accreditation standards provide the necessary reports and analyses a CEO needs to make fact-based, informed management decisions.
- CALEA Accreditation requires a preparedness program be put in place—so an agency is ready to address natural or man-made unusual occurrences.
- CALEA Accreditation is a means for developing or improving upon an agency’s relationship with the community.
- CALEA Accreditation strengthens an agency’s accountability, both within the agency and the community, through a continuum of standards that clearly define authority, performance, and responsibilities.
- Being CALEA Accredited can limit an agency’s liability and risk exposure because it demonstrates that internationally recognized standards for law enforcement have been met, as verified by a team of independent outside CALEA-trained assessors.
- CALEA Accreditation facilitates an agency’s pursuit of professional excellence.
Message from the Chief
It is my honor to serve as the Chief of Police for the City of Golden. The Golden Police Department is proud to be an internationally accredited police department.
The Golden Police Department is committed to the community policing philosophy. We believe in working in collaboration with residents to reduce crime and enhance the quality of life in our city.
Much has changed in the history of the city and the police department over the years, but what has not changed in 150 years of service is our commitment as an organization to provide the best possible service to the community.
I invite you to tour our pages, and welcome any comments.
Chief of Police