Contact: Utility Billing
The Utility Billing department is responsible for producing and collecting water, wastewater, and drainage billings, which are mailed to customers within the city limits of Golden.
Methods of Payments
Deliver your payment directly to City Hall at 911 10th St., from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
Mail your payment to:
City of Golden
P.O. Box 5682
Denver, CO 80217-5682
*Please submit stub with payment.
Payments are accepted by credit card over the phone at 303-384-8026 or 303-384-8022, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Night Drop Box
Drop your payment off in the box located at the entrance to City Hall at 911 10th St.
*Remember to always pay by check or money order when dropping off your payment in the night drop box.
Complete the UB ACH Form (pdf) and mail it to the City with a voided check. Please call 303-384-8026 if you have questions.
City of Golden Rates
Meter Size – Quarterly Water Service Charge
|5/8 x 3/4||$12.66||Qtrly Surcharge|
|1 1/4 & 1 1/2||$28.77||Qtrly Surcharge|
|Per 1,000 gallons consumed||$5.01||Consumption|
|BOD greater than 300 mg/l||$0.40526||Consumption|
|Suspended solids greater than 330 mg/l||$0.227585||Consumption|
- The quarterly wastewater service charge is $31.59.
- The wastewater volume charge shall be $2.27 per thousand gallons consumed.
- Charges for wastewater for single-family residential and multi-family residential accounts are calculated based on the water usage during the quarter which includes the month of February.
- Should the customer’s usage in any following quarters drop below the usage for the quarter including February, the charge will automatically adjust down per the new usage charge.
- Commercial customers are billed for wastewater charges based on actual water usage per quarter.
- Single family residential accounts are charged $3.52 a month.
- Multi-family residential accounts are charged $3.52 a month per unit, not to exceed four units.
- Multi-family residential accounts that exceed four units and all commercial account are charged based on impervious area calculated in square feet. The rate is $.0018 per square foot per month of impervious area.
Payments are due on the last day of the month following the last day of the billing cycle. The City allows a 5-day grace period before assessing a delinquency charge of $10.00.