Downtown Parking Management
On July 28, 2016, City Council adopted Resolution 2506 , making a few adjustments to the existing neighborhood permit parking areas near the Colorado School of Mines and authorizing a new parking management system for a portion of the downtown area. New rules went into effect February 1, 2017.
Parking Management System Highlights
- Only includes the area between 14th Street and Clear Creek between Arapahoe Street and Ford Street (see maps on this page).
- None of the downtown neighborhoods are included in this downtown area under the new program. The neighborhoods that already have a permit system have some adjustments that will go into effect in January, but will not be directly affected by the addition of paid long term visitor parking in the downtown core.
If you have a specific question, write to email@example.com.
Downtown Visitor Parking
If you are visiting Golden, or coming into town to run a quick errand, shop or have lunch, please refer to the Downtown Visitor Parking maps to help plan your visit. Areas in red are two hour free parking, areas indicated in blue are for longer term daytime parking.
Free Two-Hour Parking
- Parking in the Orange zones indicated on the map is available only for two hours. You may not park longer than 2 hours in these areas.
- After 5 p.m. you can park here for free and for the evening.
- Please read signs to see what days the 2 hour parking is in effect.
- You do not need to register your vehicle at a pay station.
Parking 2+ Hours
- If you plan to stay longer than two hours between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., there are convenient parking garages and parking lots close to downtown indicated in Blue on the map.
- The first two hours are free, each additional hour is $2 to a maximum of $8/day.
- After 5 p.m., and on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays**, you can park here for free.
- You must register your vehicle at the pay station, even if you are planning to stay less than two hours.
- X indicates the location of parking pay stations.
** Holidays when parking is free in the blue zone include: New Years Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Downtown Parking Permit
If you are eligible for a downtown city parking permit, you are permitted to park in any of the places indicated in black on the Downtown Parking Map below. These areas are free to permit holders on Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Downtown Parking Informational Brochure (download for printable version)
Downtown Parking Map
Downtown Parking Map (download for printable version)