The Climbing Wall, located in the Golden Community Center, offers a place for beginners to learn top rope climbing and boulder skills, and advanced climbers to keep their skills polished.
Climbers 18 and over may attend a certification clinic or “test out” to climb unsupervised during public climbing hours. Climbers may also become belay certified to belay others (4 years and older) during unsupervised climbing hours. Call (303) 384-8196 to set up a time.
Climbing equipment is available for check-out at the front desk, including harnesses, belay devices, and carabiner — all that is required is a set of car keys or ID, and a certification card.
The Golden Community Center offers a variety of climbing classes and programs for youth, adults, and families. Group and private classes are also available for those who are looking for more of a tailored class structure. Please see the Re·Create Brochure (pdf) for more information. The Climbing Wall is also available for group rental. Call (303) 384-8196 for more information, and to make a reservation.
The climbing wall is often reserved for structured class and private lesson use, but is free to the public during certain hours. Please review the Climbing Wall Rules listed below before visiting.
Public Climbing Hours
3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Climbing Wall Rules:
- Belay certifications from other facilities are NOT accepted at the Golden Community Center.
- ALL climbers MUST be 4 years or older.
- Waivers are NOT required.
- Climbing shoes or close toed shoes MUST be worn while climbing; NO sandals or Crocs.
- No wet swimwear will be permitted while climbing.
- Youth ages 4-15 may use the bouldering wall if supervised by an adult 18 and older. Ages 16 and older may use the bouldering wall without adult supervision. Youth ages 14-15 who have a weight room certification may boulder during unsupervised hours without adult supervision.
- Belayers, top rope climbers, and lead climbers MUST be 18 or older and have passed the City of Golden Belay Test BEFORE doing ANY roped climbs! Certifications must be renewed each year.
- Adults (18+) may belay youth ages 4 and up during unsupervised hours if they have obtained a certification card. Equipment is available for check out at the front desk.
- NO ONE is allowed to climb ON TOP of the bouldering wall or boulder above the bouldering line on the top rope wall.