Spend a magical day in Golden meeting and mingling with family favorite holiday characters along Washington Avenue!
Come out to the Golden History Park on Dec. 18 from 5 to 8 p.m. for Homestead for the Holidays and experience the winter season just like the pioneers did! Stroll through the Golden History Park with the whole family—take in the colorful lights and decorations, make a craft that you get to take home, and bask in the season!
The Kiwanis Club and the Golden Chamber of Commerce will host their annual Easter Egg hunt this year on April 16 at 10 a.m. in Parfet Park.
On the morning of the hunt, thousands of plastic eggs are spread throughout Parfet Park with different areas for different age groups. Once the bell sounds, kids clean the park in no time, so don’t be late!
All kids up to the age of 10 are welcome to participate.
City administrative offices will be closed on Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day.
City administrative offices will be closed on Monday, June 20 in recognition of Juneteenth, Freedom Day, which falls on a Sunday this year.
City administrative offices will be closed on July 4th in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
Please celebrate safely!
There will be NO fireworks in Golden this year, but lots of opportunity to celebrate at the 4th of July Festival in Lions Park, organized and hosted by the Golden Lions Club.
The celebration is an opportunity for families, friends, and neighbors to get together at Lions Park on 10th Street to enjoy food, fun and live music while celebrating our great country.
Bring your own picnic, or food will be available for purchase from American Legion Golden Post 21 and two specialty food trucks. Drinks will also be available for purchase from Coors, Golden City Brewery beer, and Bonacquisti Wines (Denver’s Urban Winery).
Live Music Schedule:
- 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. — Meniskus (Rock Nouveau)
- 3 – 6 p.m. — Ryan Chrys & the Rough Cuts (Modern Outlaw Country)
- 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. — Something Underground (Rock)
- Parking Guidelines for the Lion’s Club 4th of July Celebration in the City of Golden
- We encourage all attendees to arrive early! If you have picnic materials, lawn chairs, and other cumbersome items to drop off, you may drop those off at Lion’s Park prior to finding a place to park.
- If you park along 10th Street, the first two hours are free, and each additional hour is $2 to a maximum of $8/day. You MUST REGISTER your vehicle on the ParkMobile app or at a nearby pay station, even if you are planning to stay less than two hours.
- There is FREE parking available in the Clear Creek Parking Lot, located at 304 10th St. Other parking is available in the parking garages located on Jackson Street, between 11th and 13th Streets.
- The Kayak Drop-Off Lot is reserved for parking for Handicapped individuals, along with Lion’s Club event volunteers. No public parking will be available in that lot.
- Please be aware that if 10th Street becomes too crowded near Lion’s Park, there is a chance that it will become closed to traffic. So, please arrive early!
City offices will be closed on September 5 in observance of Labor Day.
Sign up for the Metro Denver Green Homes Tour happening Saturday, Oct. 1 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to visit over a dozen homes that showcase solutions and ideas for conserving energy and growing a more sustainable community.
There are a lot of events planned all day Saturday! Tour a “Tiny Home” at the American Mountaineering Center then stick around for a reception and Green Expo with food, drink and live music! You can also visit a “Growing Dome” and an “Electric Vehicle Round-Up” at other Golden locations.
Visit the Metro Denver Green Homes website to get tickets for the tour and to see a list with times and locations of all the additional free events happening that day.
The Mines Museum of Earth Science is having their annual Spoooktacular event on October 15th, 2022, from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Spooktacular is a super fun, FREE, blue pumpkin trick or treat event. People can come in their favorite costumes, enjoy STEM themed hands-on activities (and treats), win prizes, and take pictures with Ms. Colorado herself!
Also not to be missed…
– Mr. Bones
– Face painting
– Blaster the burro
– Spooky exhibits!
This is a free event open to the Golden community. For more information check out the Museum Facebook page.
Mines Museum of Earth Science
1310 Maple Street
Golden, CO 80401
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-384-2071 for more info.