If you feel that you have a reason to file a claim against the City of Golden, you will need to submit a letter to the attention of Risk Management. This letter may be hand written or typed and must include the following information:
- A clear statement that you are filing a claim against the City of Golden
- A short synopsis or description of the incident
- Details surrounding the incident including the date, time, location of the incident, type and extent of damages, estimates for repairs or actual cost of items damaged
- Police report number if applicable
- Your current mailing address and phone numbers for both the daytime and evening hours
- Copies of any bills, estimates, or documents that apply to your claim
- Your signature
Mail or hand deliver your claim letter to:
City of Golden
Attention: Risk Management
911 10th Street
Golden, CO 80401
Insurance regulations require that neither the City of Golden, nor any of its employees or representatives, admit or deny liability/financial responsibility for any claim. A representative from the Risk Management Division will be in touch with you directly.
If you have further questions or concerns, please contact Risk Management at 303-384-8185 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.