Phone: (303) 215-8860
The Passport Office is open 8:30 – 3:30 p.m. Tues. – Thurs. by appointment only
- Applicants should fill out the US Department of State forms prior to arriving.
- Proof of Citizenship: State certified birth certificate, previous passport, or a naturalization certificate.
- Proof of Identity: Valid drivers license (not temporary or learner’s permit), naturalization certificate, previous U.S. passport, government issued I.D. with photo and signature, or military I.D. with photo and signature.
- One color photograph: 2” x 2” with white background is required. The City of Golden does not have photo services available.
- For minors under 15: Child and both parents listed on birth certificate must be present. (See U.S. Department of State website for more information).
- For minors 16-17: Minor and one parent listed on birth certificate must be present. (See U.S. Department of State website for more information).
- Applicants with urgent travel in two weeks or less should schedule an appointment at one of the Regional Passport Agencies via the automated appointment line: 1-877-487-2788
- Colorado Public Counter Information, 3151 S. Vaughn Way, Suite 600, Aurora, CO 80014
- Applicants must have all documentation completed and a copy of their travel itinerary.
At this time we are unable to process credit/debit cards. Bring with you two separate Checks or Money Orders for passport books, passport cards and fees filled out as follows:
- “Dept. of State” for their fees. See the U.S. Department of State website for a fee calculator.
- “City of Golden” for passport processing fee of $35 per passport.
Learn more about applying for a passport
If you have questions about your passport application, whether you’re applying for the first time, renewing your passport, obtaining a passport for a child, or need to expedite your passport for an upcoming trip, you can learn more on the U.S. Department of State website.