Yard Waste Collection Days happen twice a year – once in the spring and once in the fall. Yard Wastes will be collected by a separate truck on your designated trash collection day and should be placed near where your trash is collected by 7 a.m. Material may be placed in your organics cart, bundled, or in certified compostable bags available for purchase at The Home Depot and other home improvement stores. Yard Waste for this collection is limited to grass clippings, pine needles, leaves, weeds, branches, sawdust, ground or chipped wood.
Guidelines do apply, so read below carefully.
Yard Waste Collection Guidelines
- Branches must be less than 4 inches in diameter and bundled with natural fiber string, yarn or rope like cotton or sisal.
- Do not use wires, nylon, polyethylene, or other synthetic materials for bundling.
- Bundles must be 4 feet in length or less, and no more than 2 feet in diameter. Branches must be less than 4 inches in diameter and bundled with natural fiber string, yarn or rope like cotton or sisal.
- Yard waste will be limited to 3 cubic yards per resident which is equivalent to:
- an area that is approx. 4 feet x 4 feet x 4 feet.; or
- 21 certified compostable 30 gallon bags
- This yard waste is recycled! Do not contaminate this material with any of the following:
- NO plastics, dirt, cactus, tree stumps, branches greater than 4 inches in diameter, ashes, animal waste, treated lumber, logs, old garden hoses or broken flower pots.
- NO Construction material is allowed for this service. Plastic bags are not allowed.
- Material that is not in your organics cart, bundled, or in certified compostable bags will not be picked up.
- Look for this label on products that can be commercially composted!
- This yard waste will be composted! Please do not contaminate material with any of the following:
- NO trash
- NO plastics
- NO glass
- NO dirt
- NO cactus
- NO tree stumps
- NO branches greater than 4 inches in diameter
- NO ashes
- NO animal waste
- NO treated lumber
- NO logs
- NO old garden hoses
- NO broken flower pots
- NO plastic bags
- NO construction materials
- Material that is not bundled, not in reusable containers or in non-compostable plastic bags WILL NOT be picked up.
For more information on year-round organics collection, please contact Republic Services at 303-277-8727 or visit the City’s Trash Services page.