There will be NO fireworks in Golden this year, but lots of opportunity to celebrate at the 4th of July Festival in Lions Park, organized and hosted by the Golden Lions Club.
The celebration is an opportunity for families, friends, and neighbors to get together at Lions Park on 10th Street to enjoy food, fun and live music while celebrating our great country.
Bring your own picnic, or food will be available for purchase from American Legion Golden Post 21 and two specialty food trucks. Drinks will also be available for purchase from Coors, Golden City Brewery beer, and Bonacquisti Wines (Denver’s Urban Winery).
Live Music Schedule:
- 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. — Meniskus (Rock Nouveau)
- 3 – 6 p.m. — Ryan Chrys & the Rough Cuts (Modern Outlaw Country)
- 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. — Something Underground (Rock)
- Parking Guidelines for the Lion’s Club 4th of July Celebration in the City of Golden
- We encourage all attendees to arrive early! If you have picnic materials, lawn chairs, and other cumbersome items to drop off, you may drop those off at Lion’s Park prior to finding a place to park.
- If you park along 10th Street, the first two hours are free, and each additional hour is $2 to a maximum of $8/day. You MUST REGISTER your vehicle on the ParkMobile app or at a nearby pay station, even if you are planning to stay less than two hours.
- There is FREE parking available in the Clear Creek Parking Lot, located at 304 10th St. Other parking is available in the parking garages located on Jackson Street, between 11th and 13th Streets.
- The Kayak Drop-Off Lot is reserved for parking for Handicapped individuals, along with Lion’s Club event volunteers. No public parking will be available in that lot.
- Please be aware that if 10th Street becomes too crowded near Lion’s Park, there is a chance that it will become closed to traffic. So, please arrive early!