The Bicycle Friendly Driver Course is designed to teach drivers best practices for sharing the road with people who ride bicycles. This course will be held on Tuesday, April 23 from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Golden Community Center, located at 1470 10th Street.
The 1.5 hour, interactive class covers the following topics:
– Common causes of crashes between motorists and bicyclists and how to avoid them.
– Legal and illegal behavior for motorists and bicyclists.
– How to navigate on-street bicycle infrastructure while driving a motor vehicle.
– Why sharing the road is the safest option for both motorists and bicyclists.
– What laws and etiquette we teach bicyclists.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a Bicycle-Friendly Driver certificate, a sticker to display on their vehicle, and the option to pledge to be a Bicycle-Friendly Driver!
Sign up today for the Bicycle-Friendly Driver Course on April 23.
Please email Molly, Community Safety Coordinator for Bicycle Colorado, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.