The Golden Fire Department Pension Board has three fire department members, two citizen members, City Manager, Finance Director, and Mayor.
|Fire Pension Board Members|
|Member At-Large||Kevin Ferry|
|Citizen Representative||Wendy Towber|
|Citizen Representative||Denny Wuthier|
|Finance Director / Treasurer||Jeff Hansen|
Duties and Responsibilities of the Citizen Participants
- To serve as advisors to the Golden Fire Department Pension Board.
- Members participate in quarterly meetings, including additional planning sessions as required. (Usually no more that 6 per year).
- Members are required to listen to pension issues, evaluate options, make recommendations, and vote accordingly.
- Members are involved in the evaluation and decision making process relating to issues that affect the City’s Volunteer Firefighters pension program.
- The protection of confidential information discussed at board meetings is essential to protect the rights of individuals. Any information discussed at such meeting will be considered confidential and may only be released through official channels or through elected individuals possessing the authority to release such information.
Board members are to have a demonstrated interest in the fire department and desire to be involved with the process. Prior pension/financial experience is helpful. Regular meetings are held at least quarterly, as well as study sessions and special meetings when necessary. The term of appointments for citizen participants is two years.