When should I dial 9-1-1?

9-1-1 should only be dialed in an emergency. Please call 9-1-1 if:

  • Your situation is an immediate threat to life or property.
  • You are the witness of a crime that is actively occurring or has just occurred within the last 15 minutes.
  • You require the immediate response of the fire department or ambulance.

Text-to-911 is available in an emergency situation where calling may not be possible. Please “CALL IF YOU CAN, TEXT IF YOU MUST”

For hearing impaired callers with a TDD (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf), call the Dispatch center using the emergency 9-1-1 or non-emergency 303-980-7300. The system is designed to activate tones via the phone line and allows the citizen to communicate by typing they need to relay.

What are the Police department hours?

The police department is available by phone 24/7/365. Please contact the police and fire non-emergency number at 303-980-7300, or dial 911 in the event of an emergency. If you come into the police department after hours, please pick up the red phone that will be to your left as you enter the city hall vestibule.

How can I get my fingerprints taken?

The Golden Police Department provides fingerprinting services on Wednesdays by appointment for residents who live or work within the city limits. Please call 303-384-8045 to make an appointment.

How do I get a copy of a police report or crash report?

Police reports must be requested and picked up in-person. If the incident occurred within the city limits of Golden, please contact the police records division during normal business hours at 911 10th street, Golden, CO 80401.

How can I go on a Ride Along with an officer?

Ride-alongs with officers may be requested once every 6 months. Ride-along forms may be requested in-person from the dispatch center located at 911 10th St. Ride-along forms are also available online.

How do I get an officer to check my house while I’m on vacation?

Please contact the Records Division at 303-384-8035.

Where can I find a listing of the City’s Ordinances or State Statues?

City ordinances and statutes may be found online as part of the “Municipal Code”.

Can the police open my car if I have locked my keys inside?

Unfortunately, police officers do not carry the equipment necessary to unlock a vehicle.

What can I do about speeders in my neighborhood?

Please call the police and fire non-emergency number at 303-980-7300 to report speeders or reckless drivers in your neighborhood. These calls are best made as the violations are occurring so that officers may respond to correct the driving behavior. Please do your best to provide the police and fire dispatcher with a vehicle color, make, model and license plate, as well as the last known direction of travel.

What do I do if I’m involved in traffic crash?

If you are involved in a traffic crash, please dial 911 if there are injuries or you suspect that there are injuries. If everyone involved is okay and the crash occurred in the city limits of Golden, please contact the police and fire non-emergency number at 303-980-7300. The Golden dispatcher will direct you from there.

Is there a way to find out if an item I lost in the city was turned in?

Yes, the police and fire dispatch center maintains a lost and found list. Please contact the City of Golden Police and Fire non-emergency number at 303-980-7300 to see if your item was found.

How can I obtain a criminal history on a person?

There are strict privacy laws surrounding criminal histories and their release. Please contact the Records Division at 303-384-8035 for further assistance regarding criminal histories.

How can I become a Police Officer with the City of Golden?

Active or open police officer positions are posted online when available under “Employment Opportunities”. You may also call 303-384-8061, or email policerecruitment@cityofgolden.net.

How do I file a complaint/commendation?

City of Golden prides itself on maintaining the utmost standards of professionalism. Visit our Report a Complaint or Compliment (Police Department) page for more information on how to do either.

Can I pay my parking ticket or water bill during the weekend?

The police department does not accept payments, however, there is a secure drop box located outside City Hall at 911 10th St., where citizens may drop payments for water bills or parking tickets. You may also pay your water bill and traffic citations online.


COG Mesa

 Did You Know?
Golden was originally chosen as the territorial capital of Colorado in 1862.

Additional Resources

City of Golden, Colorado
COG Mesa