All Projects Updated 5/5/2020
Please watch what you flush!
Just a reminder from the Public Works Department: With the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) concerns at a high, many people are using wet wipes and paper towels and may be tempted to flush them.
Please, DO NOT FLUSH WET WIPES of any kind, NOR PAPER TOWELS down the toilet. Neither breaks down as sufficiently as toilet paper and could cause backups for the city’s sewer system. Even wipes that claim to be “flushable” are not safe.
- Mar 20 – TBD: Buffalo Rose will be using a parking lane for curbside pickup of food
- April 15 – June 15: Cheyenne St from 14th to McClure Rd – parking lanes on both sides of Cheyenne will be impacted by construction
- April 27 – June 26: 17th from Brown Hall to Mines Student Rec Center – parking lane will be impacted by construction
- May 1 – Sept 27: 649 Partridge Cir – storage container will impact a parking lane
- May 16 – June 12: 649 Partridge Cir – a parking lane will be impacted by dumpster and/or staging for a bobcat (only one or the other permitted at a time)
- May 25 – June 26: 8th St from Briarwood Dr to Cheyenne St – traffic lane and parking lane will be impacted by work on gas main tie-in and reinforcement
- May 27 – June 3: Iowa Dr from Hwy 93 to Washington Ave – traffic lane and sidewalk will be impacted by CATV installation for Comcast
- June 1 – 5: Table Mt Parkway from Table Mt Dr to Technology Dr – sidewalk will be impacted by fiber pull through existing duct
- June 1 – 8: 15th St from Washington to Arapahoe – a traffic lane will be impacted by Comcast fiber optic install
- June 1 – 30: 11th St (sidewalk) from Miner’s Alley to Washington Ave – a sidewalk will be impacted by work on the building at that location
- June 2 – 5: 10th from 10th to Roundabout – traffic lane and parking lane will be impacted by work on gas service renewal
- June 2 – July 2: Alley connecting Cheyenne and Illinois between 8th and 9th will be closed due to construction activity
- June 3 – 4: 5th St from 5th St to Jackson – alley will be impacted by pole replacement
- June 4 – 5: Boyd St from Clark to High Pky – a traffic lane will be impacted by pole replacement
- June 5 – 8: 5th St from Washington to Jackson – alley will be impacted by pole replacement
- June 8 – 9: 5th from Jackson to Ford – traffic lane will be impacted by pole replacement
- June 8 – 9: 16th St from Washington to 80’ s/w towards Arapahoe St. (near the alley) – parking lane and sidewalk will be impacted by new underground fire line service
- June 8 – 12: Pine Ridge Rd from CO 93 to Brickyard Rd – traffic lane and parking lane will be impacted by fiber work
- June 9 – 15: Goldco Cir from Ford to Goldco Cir – a traffic lane will be impacted by pole replacement
- June 9 – 15: Gregory Dr – traffic lanes will be impacted by pole replacement
- June 15 – 16: Alley running from Ford to Washington at Goldco Cir will be closed due to pole replacement
Public Works Dept Awards
The City of Golden was awarded a Public Works Project Award in the 2019 Transportation for Small Community category by the Colorado Chapter of the American Public Works Association for the North Washington Complete Streets Project. The Project Team consists of City Staff, John Hardy, Joe Puhr, and Melissa Crocker; design consultants and construction managers.