The primary function of the Drainage Maintenance Program is to ensure proper long-term operation and maintenance of the City’s stormwater infrastructure.
- Oversees long term maintenance of city-owned storm systems
- Monitors and oversees maintenance of privately owned storm systems
- Utilizes GPS technology and spatially accurate maps
- Maintains asset management system and utilizes mobile technology
- Stormwater Drainage Maintenance Plan
- Real Time Flood Detection ALERT System
- Flood Information Brochure
Contact: Tracey Pond
- Colorado Stormwater Excellence Program – is a voluntary, proactive Stormwater management program recognized by EPA, CDPHE, and AGC/C.
- Stormwater Training Courses:
- Basic Construction Stormwater Compliance
- Advanced Stormwater Manager’s Course
Post-construction Stormwater Courses
Colorado Stormwater Center courses:
- Permanent Stormwater BMP Inspection and Maintenance
- Green Infrastructure and Low Impact Development Workshop
- Landscape Contractors – Short Course on Stormwater BMP Maintenance
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Stormwater Program
The City is a designated Qualifying Local Program by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Water Quality Control Division. Construction sites disturbing less than five acres are automatically covered under the State’s Stormwater General Permit for Construction Activities with a City of Golden permit. Sites greater than five acres require a State Stormwater Construction Permit in addition to the City permit.
Spills and Illegal Dumping
It is illegal to discharge anything other than stormwater (rain and snowmelt) into the storm drainage system (streets, gutters, inlets, drainage ways). Some exceptions may apply. For a complete list see Municipal Code 13.30.140.
Call the Police Department at (303) 980-7300 to report illegal dumping activity.
Water Quality Awareness – Tips and Resources
- Information on water conservation and water quality in Colorado
- Clear Choices for Clean Water, Managing Household Waste
- Rooney Road Recycling Center, Household Chemical Disposal and Yard Waste Recycling
- Clear Choices for Clean Water, Lawn and Garden
- Colorado Water Protection Project — English or Spanish
- Water Quality in Clear Creek
- Homeowner’s Guide to Building a Rain Garden