On June 13, City Council heard public feedback on the proposed Phase 1 changes for the R-2 and R-3 residential zone districts. They voted to approve the proposed changes, which include the following changes for the R-2 zone district, as well as single family and duplex developments in the R-3 zone district:
- A 50 percent maximum lot coverage
- Elimination of the five-foot height bonus
- Required front porch elements
- Graduated setbacks to reduce bulk
As part of the Ordinance, Council also lifted a part of the current moratorium which put limitations on two-family development.
Phase Two is now underway. Planning Commission met in June and came up with the following recommendations to present to Council in July. It includes, but is not limited to:
- Lot design regulations for future minor plat subdivisions of land
- Regulations for permissible bulk plane encroachments based on new setbacks approved in Phase One
- Regulations for rooftop decks as permitted in the residential zone districts
- New density standards for residential multi-family uses permitted as a special use in the C-1 and C-2 zone districts.
Phase Two recommendations will go before Council this month, with a public hearing and your chance to comment at the Council meeting on July 25. You can also provide feedback and get the full scale of the changes at www.GuidingGolden.com.