A Neighborhood Block Party is a great way for neighbors to connect!
In Golden, we value events as a way to maintain friendliness and connections with neighbors and other residents. Block Parties are localized, self-organized events that benefit the entire City by creating welcoming, close-knit communities.
Should I apply for a block party permit?
A block party permit allows you to:
- close a street in your neighborhood for the gathering
- obtain an open container permit to responsibly serve alcohol
- play amplified music
- invite your neighbors for a community-building event
- invite a food truck to your block party to serve food
Block parties generally occur on weekends, are usually one-time per year or per season. Due to noise ordinance and the Golden municipal code, amplified music must end by 9:30 p.m. on weekdays or 10:30 p.m. on weekends.
You will be required to obtain the permission of your neighbors to close the street. Contacting your neighbors personally and getting their signatures will demonstrate neighborhood support for the event.
There is a $40 block party application fee, plus a $1.50 processing fee, that is payable online with a credit card.
Make sure your completed application is submitted no less than 21 days from the intended date of your event. Applications submitted with less than 21 days from the date of the event will not be considered for approval.
I’m ready to apply!
If you are ready to proceed with your Block Party application, there are a few items needed to ensure a complete application. You may want to prepare these items before beginning the application.
What you’ll need to submit:
- A map of the location requested for your event
- A site plan sketch showing barricades for road closures, tents, tables and any other party items
- Street closure petition with signatures from your neighbors (click form to download and print as many as you need).
- Complete contact information for any food trucks that have been invited to serve at the event
You will be asked to upload these files at the end of the online application process.
Let’s do this!
Once you have everything prepared, including a completed Street Closure petition scanned in and ready to upload, you’re ready to go. Click on the application link below, complete, submit and you’re on your way. All that will be left after approval is to have fun with your neighbors!
Neighborhoods organizing a block party for the first time may be eligible to receive a Community Betterment Neighborhood Grant of up to $250 to offset the costs of the block party.
- Community Betterment Neighborhood Grant Application
- Community Betterment Neighborhood Grant Follow-up Form (only to be completed AFTER being approved for the grant)
Neighborhood Block Party Assistance Grants Criteria
- Priority given to first time applicants although others may apply.
- Can apply anytime during the year until funds for that year are expended.
- Grant recipients must provide a follow-up evaluation which includes photographs of event, description of how the block party helped strengthen the neighborhood, how many people were impacted, and any new ways neighbors worked to create a healthier neighborhood.
- To be reimbursed, purchases MUST be made in the City of Golden.
- Permit fees and Alcohol will NOT be reimbursed.
For additional assistance with grants contact Rheana Rogers, 303-384-8173, email@example.com.