Reservations Required for the Aquatic Area
Due to staffing shortages, reservations are required for all pool activities and can be made on line at rec.cityofgolden.net. Walk-ups / Drop-ins are not permitted for swimming pool activities at this time. All guests, ages 12 and older, must reserve their 75 minute time block online for their swim.
- Golden Residents may make reservations seven days in advance. Non-Residents may make reservations five days in advance. Check your residency status using the Jeffco Address Wizard.
- No refunds for missed reservations.
- Active SilverSneakers and Renew Active membership will be accepted as valid payment. You must still reserve a time online.
Be kind and respectful!
Not fully vaccinated? We recommend that you wear a mask indoors.
Vaccinated? Masks are optional for those that are fully vaccinated.
Commitment to Community Health
All guests will be required to make a commitment to the health of our entire Golden community when dropping in or registering to visit a Recreation facility. These commitments are:
- I will wash my hands frequently.
- I will disinfect equipment before and after use.
- I will maintain six feet of social distancing.
- I will stay home if I am sick.
Our Commitment to You
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the facility.
- A staff member will be cleaning all high-touch points and bathroom facilities throughout the day.
- Every night, the facility will be serviced by custodial staff to ensure a clean environment for our guests.
The Golden Community Center is a 71,483 square foot multifunction recreation facility beautifully situated in Lions Park. The Community Center first opened its doors in October 1994. A major renovation in 2006-2007 expanded the existing structure into a state-of-the-art recreation facility complete with two indoor swimming pools, a large climbing wall, and expanded fitness and community use areas with new equipment.
The Community Center boasts a full array of activities, classes, and fitness opportunities for everyone in the community, from tot to senior. Active adults gather in the upstairs Front Porch area for community and conversation, while downstairs, the leisure pool with water slide is popular with children. Adults, meanwhile, enjoy a variety of fitness options from free weights and cardio machines to group fitness classes and personal trainers to help you reach your goals.
Golden Community Center features:
- Indoor Leisure Pool with Water Slide
- Indoor Lap Pool
- Hot Tub
- Dry Sauna
- Indoor Running Track
- Cardiovascular Machine Workout Area
- Free Weight Area
- Circuit Training Area
- Preschool and Child Care Rooms with Tot Lot
- Climbing Wall
- Dance Classes
- Pottery and Dry Craft Rooms
- Community Room
- Individual Meeting Rooms
- Front Porch Older Adult Area
Browse and sign up for classes taught at the Community Center through Recreation online registration.