Golden Community Center Contact Information
Current Hours Of Operation
Monday-Thursday: 5:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 5:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Summer Swimming Pool Schedules
*Please note: Pool area operating hours are different from facility operating hours. Please visit rec.cityofgolden.net for the current pool schedule.
Our summer schedules include limited weekend hours for lap swimming and no weekend hours for the leisure play pool.
- Pool safety is the number one priority for all pool operations. This correlates directly to setting any schedule at any of the Golden aquatic facilities. If the team does not believe the pool can operate in a safe manner, the decision to close the pool should be made.
- Staffing is the top component regarding safe pool operations. The good news is that Golden has been successful in recruiting and is now training a young staff to operate the pools.
- As staff training continues and the team grows, the team is confident that hours of operation on the weekend at the GCC pools will increase.
- We are looking into a safe and efficient way to open the GCC pool if the Splash is closed for weather in the future. This would most likely occur if a closure is determined prior to that day’s opening.
- Please know that the Aquatics team is working to make swimming at all of our pools as open and accessible as possible. They love kids and families and providing safe operations for great family experiences that take place at a pool!
Weather permitting, the Splash is open 7 days a week through the summer. For more information, visit www.splashingolden.com.
Christmas Eve: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year’s Eve: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
New Year’s Day: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The Golden Community Center is a 71,483 square foot multifunction recreation facility beautifully situated in Lions Park. The Community Center first opened its doors in October 1994. A major renovation in 2006-2007 expanded the existing structure into a state-of-the-art recreation facility complete with two indoor swimming pools, a large climbing wall, and expanded fitness and community use areas with new equipment.
The Community Center boasts a full array of activities, classes, and fitness opportunities for everyone in the community, from tot to senior. Active adults gather in the upstairs Front Porch area for community and conversation, while downstairs, the leisure pool with water slide is popular with children. Adults, meanwhile, enjoy a variety of fitness options from free weights and cardio machines to group fitness classes and personal trainers to help you reach your goals.
Golden Community Center features:
- Indoor Leisure Pool with Water Slide
- Indoor Lap Pool
- Hot Tub
- Dry Sauna
- Indoor Running Track
- Cardiovascular Machine Workout Area
- Free Weight Area
- Circuit Training Area
- Preschool and Child Care Rooms with Tot Lot
- Dance Classes
- Pottery and Dry Craft Rooms
- Community Room
- Individual Meeting Rooms
- Front Porch Older Adult Area
Visitors may pay a daily fee, purchase a 10-visit punch card, or buy an annual membership. View fees and available membership options.
Browse and sign up for classes taught at the Community Center through Recreation online registration.