Temporary Hours Of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 7 a.m. – 6:45 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
**Walk-ups will not be permitted, all guests must be registered for a workout or program. All reservations are 75 minutes in length.
Reservations are required due to limited capacity and can be made online at rec.cityofgolden.net. Walk-ups / Drop-ins are not permitted at this time. All guests, ages 16 and older, must reserve their 75 minute time block online for an individual workout. Children ages 12 to 15 may also reserve a time block if they have a current Weight Room Certification and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Golden Residents may make reservations seven days in advance. Non-Residents may make reservations five days in advance. Check your residency status using the Jeffco Address Wizard.
- Limited to one reservation time per person per day and a max of three reservations per person per week.
- No refunds for missed reservations.
- Existing passes (10 & 20 visit cards, month to month, annual) will remain inactive during this phase and cannot be used to reserve a time. Passes will not be reactivated until the facility can open with larger capacity. Pass expiration dates will be extended the full length of our closure and the time they were inactive and unable to be used.
- Active SilverSneakers and Renew Active membership will be accepted as valid payment. You must still reserve a time online.
All guests must promptly exit the facility at the end of their reservation time.
Individual Workout Fees
*Memberships will remain on hold until facility capacity allowances and amenity restrictions are closer to normal. Admission for insurance-based memberships (SilverSneakers and Renew Active) will remain free.
Commitment to Community Health
All guests will be required to make a commitment to the health of our entire Golden community when registering to visit a Recreation facility. These commitments are:
- I will wear a mask to cover my mouth and nose except while in the swimming pool.
- I will wash my hands frequently.
- I will disinfect equipment before and after use.
- I will maintain six feet of social distancing.
- I will stay home if I am sick.
Our Commitment to You
- Staff are required to self-screen for symptoms before entering the building.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings.
- Staff will practice physical distancing (6 feet apart) to the greatest extent possible.
- No contact, verbal check-in by reservation only.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the facility.
- There will be a staff member in each section of the facility continually disinfecting equipment.
- A staff member will be cleaning all high-touch points and bathroom facilities every hour.
- During session breaks, all equipment will be disinfected for the next group.
- Every night, the facility will be serviced by custodial staff to ensure a clean environment for our guests.
The Golden Community Center is a 71,483 square foot multifunction recreation facility beautifully situated in Lions Park. The Community Center first opened its doors in October 1994. A major renovation in 2006-2007 expanded the existing structure into a state-of-the-art recreation facility complete with two indoor swimming pools, a large climbing wall, and expanded fitness and community use areas with new equipment.
The Community Center boasts a full array of activities, classes, and fitness opportunities for everyone in the community, from tot to senior. Active adults gather in the upstairs Front Porch area for community and conversation, while downstairs, the leisure pool with water slide is popular with children. Adults, meanwhile, enjoy a variety of fitness options from free weights and cardio machines to group fitness classes and personal trainers to help you reach your goals. The Community Center also has rooms available to rent for special events, and offers several birthday party package options for parents looking to give their child a memorable, fun birthday.
Golden Community Center features:
- Indoor Leisure Pool with Water Slide
- Indoor Lap Pool
- Hot Tub
- Dry Sauna
- Indoor Running Track
- Cardiovascular Machine Workout Area
- Free Weight Area
- Circuit Training Area
- Preschool and Child Care Rooms with Tot Lot
- Climbing Wall
- Dance Classes
- Pottery and Dry Craft Rooms
- Community Room
- Individual Meeting Rooms
- Front Porch Older Adult Area
Browse and sign up for classes taught at the Community Center through Recreation online registration.