The Golden Community Center offers many opportunities for getting and staying in shape, from organized classes, to rows of cardio machines and weights, to a large gymnasium.
A large, bright weight and cardio room is the ideal place to embark on your own fitness journey. The facility features treadmills, elliptical machines, rowing machines, stationary bikes, and a circuit weight area. A large area of the room is dedicated to free weights, with benches and other supporting equipment. Room for stretching and floor exercises make up the rest of the square footage.
For the protection of the fitness equipment, proper workout attire is required when using the fitness room.
- Workout Attire — Sweats, spandex, workout shorts, t-shirts, or warm-ups are required while in the Fitness Areas. NO bare chests, cut-offs, jeans, sports bras, swimsuits, or street pants are allowed.
- Shoes — Only tennis shoes, aerobics shoes, and cross-trainers with non-marking soles are acceptable in the workout areas.
Participants who use the weight room must be 16 or older. Youth who are 14 or 15 may also use the weight room if certified. Call (303) 384-8100 for more information.
To maximize obtaining your fitness goals, participants may consider hiring a Community Center personal trainer.
The large gymnasium is a popular spot for drop-in and league basketball games and volleyball. A track runs around the upper edge of the gym for those who just want to run or walk laps.
- Children under 7 years old are not allowed in the gym during drop in basketball, drop in volleyball and adult basketball leagues due to safety concerns (holidays and school vacation are an exception).
- Children under 16 years of age are not allowed in the gym during volleyball leagues, due to safety concerns.
- Foul and offensive language will not be tolerated and may result in dismissal from the Community Center.
- Full court basketball is allowed only during specified times. GCC staff reserve the right to change or cancel full court basketball due to building activity.
- See posted information located in gym for additional rules regarding length of time teams are allowed to play when there is a wait.
- Only soft-soled, non-marking shoes are allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS!
In addition to machines and free weights, the Community Center has two fitness/aerobics rooms where a variety of classes are held, including yoga, pilates, spin class, fit ball, boot camp, and more.
For a full listing of classes, please see the Re·Create Activity Brochure , check the latest Group Fitness Class Schedule or browse class offerings and register with the Parks and Recreation Registration Portal.