The Golden Community Center offers many opportunities for getting and staying in shape, from organized classes, to rows of cardio machines and weights, to a large gymnasium.
A large, bright weight and cardio room is the ideal place to embark on your own fitness journey. The facility features treadmills, elliptical machines, rowing machines, stationary bikes, and a circuit weight area. A large area of the room is dedicated to free weights, with benches and other supporting equipment. Room for stretching and floor exercises make up the rest of the square footage.
For the protection of the fitness equipment, proper workout attire is required when using the fitness room.
- Workout Attire — Sweats, spandex, workout shorts, t-shirts, or warm-ups are required while in the Fitness Areas. NO bare chests, cut-offs, jeans, sports bras, swimsuits, or street pants are allowed.
- Shoes — Only tennis shoes, aerobics shoes, and cross-trainers with non-marking soles are acceptable in the workout areas.
Participants who use the weight room must be 16 or older. Youth who are 14 or 15 may also use the weight room if certified. Call (303) 384-8100 for more information.
To maximize obtaining your fitness goals, participants may consider hiring a Community Center personal trainer.
The large gymnasium is a popular spot for drop-in and league basketball games and volleyball. A track runs around the upper edge of the gym for those who just want to run or walk laps.
- Open gym is for all ages. No organized practices or full court activities permitted.
- Adult Basketball is for ages 18 and over only. No children are permitted in the gym during this time.
- Foul and offensive language will not be tolerated and may result in dismissal from the Community Center.
- GCC staff reserve the right to change or modify the basketball schedule due to programming and building activity.
- Only soft-soled, non-marking shoes are allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS!
In addition to machines and free weights, the Community Center has two fitness/aerobics rooms where a variety of classes are held, including yoga, Pilates, spin class, fit ball, boot camp, and more.
For a full listing of classes, please see the Re·Create Activity Brochure , check the latest Group Fitness Class Schedule or browse class offerings and register with the Parks and Recreation Registration Portal.