The adjacent lap pool is 25 meters long, and features 6 lanes. The depth of the lap pool ranges from 3’6″ to 12′, and a diving board is available.
Lap Pool Virtual Tour
Both swimming pools are open to the public, but please note that not all areas of the pools are available at all times. The slide and fountains in the leisure pool are only open certain hours depending on day. Due to programming and swimming lessons, limited lanes may be available in the lap pool. Download the pool schedules below, or pick up a schedule at the front desk for weekly scheduling details.
For more information, please email the Aquatics Coordinator, or call (303) 384-8131.
Swimming Pool Guidelines (All Facilities)
- It is required that all infants and toddlers 3 years and under wear rubber pants or swim diapers under swimsuits. (Swim diapers may be purchased at the Front Desk). No regular diapers are allowed in the pool.
- An adult must accompany children under the age of 6 into the pool. The adult must pay admission, be wearing a swimsuit, and be actively participating in the water with the child. Maximum ratio of 3 children under 6 years of age per swimming adult.
- Children 6 and 7 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at poolside. The adult may observe from the side of the pool.
- Adult lap swim is for ages 16 and older. Swimmers must swim continuous lengths in lap lanes. Open swim takes place in the remaining pool area and water features may be operating. Those under the age of 16 interested in lap swimming should see hours for Open Swim.
- Only bathing suits, swim trunks or board shorts appropriate for a family atmosphere are allowed in the aquatic facility. Street clothes, cut-offs, thongs, jeans, or workout clothing are NOT permitted. Staff reserves the right to deem any questionable attire inappropriate.
- Patrons under the age of 14 are not permitted in the hot tub or sauna.
- Lifejackets are available for those in need. Please visit the lifejacket area at each facility for guidelines on how to properly fit and wear the lifejacket.
Lap Pool Hours:
Christmas Eve: Closes at 3:30 p.m.
New Year’s Eve: Closes at 3:30 p.m.
New Years Day: 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Easter: 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Registration for both Spring Private swim and Group swim lessons will begin on December 12, for residents and December 13 for non-residents.
Group Swim Lessons
The Golden Community Center offers swimming lessons year round for children 6 months to 16 years, and teens/adults. All classes are taught by trained instructors and are divided by age and skill level. Classes range from parent-tot through lifeguard training. Private swim lessons are also available for all ages and skill levels.
Email the Aquatics Coordinator, or call the Community Center at (303) 384-8131 for additional information, fees, and class schedules.
Private Swim Lessons (1 participant)
Need additional help learning a stroke or refining a skill? Is your child struggling to get through a level? Private lessons could be the answer for you. Choose from Private or Semi-Private Lessons.
Semi-Private Lessons (2-3 participants)
Fee: $140 (Price includes all participants)
These lessons are designed for two participants at or near the same skill level, who are looking for a smaller teacher-to-student ratio. One participant will register and submit payment for the session. It is this participant’s responsibility to work out the details regarding time of lessons and financial arrangements with the other participant.
The Golden Community Center is not responsible for these arrangements or finding a semi-private participant for you.
- Water Exercise Class
- Arthritis Foundation Aquatics Program
- Water Fitness
**Dates and times of drop-in classes vary.
- City of Golden Red Cross Learn to Swim Program
- Lifeguarding Classes
- View Class Schedules and Register Online