Sales & Use Tax License

Tax DocumentsAll businesses operating in the City of Golden must obtain a Sales & Use Tax License. This includes professional services, charitable operations, home businesses, temporary vendors and door-to-door solicitors.


  • Even businesses that do not “sell” anything must obtain a City license.
  • A separate license is needed for each location in Golden.
  • Licenses are nontransferable.
  • The license fee is $20 and covers a two year period ending on December 31 of each even numbered calendar year.
  • Charitable organizations must license but are exempt from the license fee.
  • Temporary vendors and special events must pay a $50 deposit for their license. The $50 is refunded when they turn in their sales and use tax return for the event.
  • The licensing process insures that the City has current notification information and that the area is properly zoned for that business activity.
  • Door-to-door solicitors are encouraged to have a copy of their license with them.
  • Any person who purchases or establishes a business inside the city shall file an initial use tax return.

License Applications

COG Mesa

 Golden has 402 acres of open space
and maintains 253 acres of parks right within the city itself.

Additional Resources

City of Golden, Colorado
COG Mesa