Several community organizations have come together to bring a celebration of the spirit and resilience of the Golden community to life. The event will provide a chance for the community to collectively reflect on the experiences of the past year and celebrate those who have supported us through a difficult time.
The event will be held from 12 to 2 p.m. on Kafadar Commons (Mines Quad) on Illinois St., and offers an opportunity to:
- Participate in a community art project to capture collective pandemic experiences
- Reflect on how the pandemic impacted us and commemorate those who supported us
- Musical performances, including local band Alibi
- Visit booths of Mines and community organizations
- Win prizes from Golden businesses
- Enjoy kids activities with Mines students
- Enjoy food and drink from local vendors (including from Bob’s Burgers, Basic Kneads Pizza, Golden Poultry and Meats, the Eddy Hotel, and others)
Take a ride on the new Mines-Golden Downtown automated shuttle.
Featured speakers include:
- Mayor Laura Weinberg
- Councilor Bill Fisher
- School of Mines executive and a student leader
- Kim Mangle, Director of Non-Profit Executive Director Roundtable
- Hannah Frey, Undergraduate Student Government President