The Downtown Development Authority (DDA), established in 2014, is a special district that supports the economic and community vitality of the downtown area through the following programs:
- Holiday lighting, sidewalk power washing, streetscape and other improvements
- Grants for small businesses, arts and culture, and special events
- Tax increment financing incentives to eligible redevelopment projects
- Tribute brick pavers to honor or remember a person or occasion
The DDA is funded through incremental sales and property taxes generated in the district as well as a five mill downtown property tax.
DDA’s Focus Areas
- Business Vitality & Support
- Community Character & Culture
- Public Space & Infrastructure
- Land Use & Transportation
The DDA has many grant programs to help businesses thrive, enhance arts and culture opportunities, and make downtown a wonderful place to visit. You are encouraged to explore the funding assistance programs. For eligibility requirements and applications, please visit the Grant Opportunities page.
- In 2017, the DDA invested in sidewalk upgrades on 8th Street and 12th Street to improve accessibility.
- In 2018, the DDA will upgrade part of the electrical infrastructure in Prospectors Alley to improve vehicular access.
- The board is continuing to discuss downtown legacy projects and large infrastructure projects that might occur in the next several years.
- Save the date for DDA meetings. The 2020 meeting calendar is in the Helpful Documents section of this webpage.
- Sign up for DDA’s email list to get more updates.
DDA Project Map
DDA Board Meetings
The DDA meets on the third Monday of each month (unless otherwise noted on the calendar) at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers.
To view agendas of upcoming meetings or view minutes or stream audio of meetings, visit our Agenda, Minutes, Web Casts, Schedule page.
To view archived agendas and minutes from meetings prior to May 2015, please visit our Document Center.
|Board Member||Term Ends|
|Bryan Oldham||April 2020|
|Saoirse Charis-Graves||April 2020|
|Dave Anderson||April 2021|
|Jackie Greiner||April 2021|
|Brandon Narva – Chair||April 2022|
|Dean Valdez||April 2023|
|JJ Risch||April 2023|