The Planning Commission meets on the first Wednesday evening of each month in public hearing unless otherwise noted on the calendar. These meetings take place in City Council Chambers, City Hall, 911 10th Street at 6:30 p.m unless otherwise noted on the community calendar. Study sessions recur the third Wednesday of each month.
To view agendas of upcoming meetings, view minutes or listen to audio of meetings, visit our Agenda, Minutes, Web Casts, Schedule page.
|Board Member||Term Ends|
|Patricia Evans||April 2024|
|Crissy Fanganello||April 2024|
|Jen Rutter||April 2024|
|Henry Tiberi||April 2024|
|John Caskey – Chair||April 2022|
|Todd Collins||April 2022|
|Crystal Culbert (Alternate)||April 2022|
|Tyler Scrable||April 2022|
The Planning Commission, established in 1948, affords residents the opportunity to actively participate in the planning of the City and its welfare; to learn all facets of the regulations governing such functions; interact with a wide variety of citizens participating in the shaping of Golden’s future; and assume an active role in any regulation changes involving zoning and subdivision activity.
The Commission is comprised of seven members and one alternate. Chairperson and Vice Chairperson are selected from within the Commission by its members.
To contact any member of the Planning Commission, call the Planning Division at 303-384-8097 or write to Planning Commission, 1445 10th Street, Golden, CO 80401.
- Planning Commission Handbook
- Planning Commission Procedural Rules
- Planning Commission Goals and Priorities
The Commission shall have general supervision of all planning for the development, expansion and growth of the City and shall, from time to time, prepare comprehensive long term plans for the growth and development of the City. In the preparation of such plans, the Commission shall have the authority to conduct open, public hearings, conduct investigations, studies, surveys, prepare maps, charts, exhibits, and reports as shall be necessary; and to perform all other acts and duties necessary to the promotion of public interest and understanding of its programs and plans.
In an advisory capacity, Planning Commission makes recommendations to City Council regarding:
- Opening, closing, vacating and abandoning streets, alleys and other public ways; the location, character and use of public ways, grounds and spaces; the general location of major public buildings, structures, and facilities.
- The location, maintenance, and operation of public ways including freeways, highways, streets, alleys, boulevards, parkways, waterways, airways, airports, and other public transportation and transit facilities now or hereafter established.
- The general location, character, extent and use of parks, playgrounds, community centers, squares, public buildings and structures.
- The location and extent of routes and rights-of-way of public utilities, whether publicly or privately owned.
- The acquisition, extension, widening, removal, vacating, or abandoning of any of the foregoing ways, open spaces or buildings.
- The study of a land use plan, showing the proposed general distribution, location and extent of residential area, industrial areas, and areas for recreation and education and other categories of public and private use of land.
- Standards and regulations affecting land subdivision.
- Regulations governing the use of land; the height, area, bulk and uses of public and private buildings and structures.
- The adoption of traffic regulations.
- The adoption of regulations and ordinances calculated to promote the healthful and convenient distribution of population in the City, for the promotion of public safety; for the promotion and development of attractive overall civic design and the development of natural resources of the City; for the promotion and development of metropolitan area planning, growth and expansion.
The Planning Commission is responsible to the City Council.