RIGHT OF WAY (ROW) Permits
- We issue ROW Permits to allow work to in the RIGHT OF WAY (ROW). These permits are for dumpsters, storage pods, storage of landscape equipment and materials (must use BMP’s), etc. This permit is also for traffic, parking, sidewalk lane closures.
- Questions or concerns, please call Andrea Berumen at 303-277-8702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All ROW Permits will be applied for through our new Online Portal. You will need to register for an account to see and apply for all permits online. You may continue to use the ROW Application below, which will be required as an uploaded document.
Structural Design Criteria
- Ground Snow Load – 42.9 p.s.f.
- Wind Load – V ult 150 m.p.h. ~ exposure C
- Roof Snow Load – 30 p.s.f.
- Frost Depth – 36 inches
Permit Status Information
To get the status of your permit, you will need to do either of the following:
- Log on to your account in the new Online Portal for all of your permitting information. If your permit was in our system before the Citizen Portal was active, please reach out to us in the format below.
- Email the City of Golden Building Division at BuildingDepartment@cityofgolden.net. Be sure to include either the address or the permit number.
- Call the City of Golden Building Division at 303-384-8151
Jobsite On-Site License Checks
Per the State of Colorado, inspectors may randomly check for state Electrical & Plumbing License Compliance at commercial and multi-family projects. Please refer to the Contemporaneous Reviews of State Licensure Guide .
To check to see if an address is in the city limits of Golden, go to the Jefferson County Address Wizard – be sure to look under “Municipal Status.”
The Building Safety and Inspection Service Division administers and enforces Golden’s Building Code, which provides minimum standards to control the design, construction, quality of materials, use, occupancy, location, and maintenance of all buildings and structures.
Adoption of New I-Codes 2021-
The City of Golden will be adopting the 2021 Family of I-Codes this year, the schedule is as follows:
- July 12th – 2nd reading and public hearing and hopefully adoption
- August 1st – All plan submittals will be reviewed to the new 2021 Codes.
- NEC 2020 will be officially adopted as well.
City of Golden Codes
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Existing Buildings Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
(Including Appendix Chapter F dealing with radon control for new single family dwellings)
- 2017 National Electrical Code
All permit applications and plans/specifications for all structures need to demonstrate compliance with the 2018 Building Codes series.
The Building Division is responsible for administering and enforcing the adopted International Codes, National Electrical Code, and City ordinances to ensure that commercial and residential structures are built to standards that protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens and general public.
As a part of the Public Works Department, the Building Division is dedicated to keeping our community safe by issuing building permits, performing inspections, reviewing plans, and administering building codes for all construction in the City of Golden.
Our highly trained employees deliver services in a professional and respectful manner to maintain and improve the quality of life for our residents.
Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule
Every 3 years the Building and Safety and Inspection Service Division is graded on our ability to properly enforce the International Building Codes within our community. Building code enforcement can have a major influence on the economic well-being of a municipality and the safety of its citizens.