Building Division Permits
- Permits can be emailed and we will process the payment over the phone. If a permit has a plan set that is larger than 11 x 17 please utilize the drop box out front to leave (1) hard copy of your plan,(1)USB, and the permit application. We will call you for Plan Review payment once we take your permit in.
- You may apply in person during the times the building is open.
- You may utilize the drop box out front to leave documentation if you choose and staff will still be utilizing the drop box for your convenience to pick up permits and other correspondence.
RIGHT OF WAY (ROW) Permits
- We issue ROW Permits to allow work to in the RIGHT OF WAY (ROW). These permits are for, dumpsters, storage pods, storage of landscape equipment and materials (must use BMP’s), etc. This permit is also for traffic, parking, sidewalk lane closures.
- Questions or concerns, please call Andrea Berumen at 303-277-8702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ROW Application
Structural Design Criteria
- Ground Snow Load – 42.9 p.s.f.
- Wind Load – V ult 150 m.p.h. ~ exposure C
- Roof Snow Load – 30 p.s.f.
- Frost Depth – 36 inches
|Is the address in the city limits of Golden? Go to the Jefferson County Address Wizard, enter the address, select the address you are researching, scroll to bottom of page for Municipal Status|
Required Permits Guide
Examples of projects that require permits and those that do not.
Applying For Over the Counter Permits Online
Some “Over the Counter” permits may be applied for online through email. The permits can be paid for over the phone with a credit card and returned via email. The permits that are applicable for this process include:
- Window /Door
- Misc. Electrical
- Water Heater.
These referenced permits can then be emailed back to the applicant eliminating the need to come into the office. Re-Roof Permits and Siding Permits can be applied for through email, however the permits must be obtained at the permit office after processing. Please email the permit applications to email@example.com
Allow 1-2 business days for processing
Permit Status Information
Our Permit Status website has gone off-line due to technical issues in our current systems. We are working to replace this capability as quickly as possible and get this functionality online again.
To get the status of your permit, you will need to do either of the following:
- Email the City of Golden Building Division at BuildingDepartment@cityofgolden.net. Be sure to include either the address or the permit number.
- Call the City of Golden Building Division at 303-384-8151.
Thank you for understanding, and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
We are still performing Mid-Roof Inspections and inspections are still next day.
Jobsite On-Site License Checks- Per the State of Colorado, Inspectors may randomly check for state Electrical & Plumbing License Compliance at commercial and multi-family projects. Please refer to the attached document Contemporaneous Reviews
The Building Safety and Inspection Service Division administers and enforces Golden’s Building Code, which provides minimum standards to control the design, construction, quality of materials, use, occupancy, location, and maintenance of all buildings and structures.
City of Golden Codes
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Existing Buildings Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
(Including Appendix Chapter F dealing with radon control for new single family dwellings)
- 2017 National Electrical Code
All permit applications and plans/specifications for all structures need to demonstrate compliance with the 2018 Building Codes series.
The Building Division is responsible for administering and enforcing the adopted International Codes, National Electrical Code, and City ordinances to ensure that commercial and residential structures are built to standards that protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens and general public.
As a part of the Public Works Department, the Building Division is dedicated to keeping our community safe by issuing building permits, performing inspections, reviewing plans, and administering building codes for all construction in the City of Golden.
Our highly trained employees deliver services in a professional and respectful manner to maintain and improve the quality of life for our residents.
Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule
Every 3 years the Building and Safety and Inspection Service Division is graded on our ability to properly enforce the International Building Codes within our community. Building code enforcement can have a major influence on the economic well-being of a municipality and the safety of its citizens.