|Board Member||Term Ends|
|Jerry Fortune||April 2022|
|Emma Garrison||April 2020|
|Jeremy Hakes (Chair)||April 2022|
|Ken Miller (Alternate)||April 2020|
|Diane Sauter (Vice Chair)||April 2020|
|James Smith||April 2022|
|Suzanne Stutzman||April 2020|
|Kristen Wrona||April 2022|
The Historic Preservation Board is comprised of seven members and one alternate. Chairperson and Vice Chairperson are selected from within the Board by its members.
- Evaluate and determine the merits of sites for historic preservation designation.
- Conduct Certificate of Appropriateness Review for work on designated sites or districts.
- Preparing, or causing to be prepared, a comprehensive inventory of the essential structures, priority structures, and preservation areas within designated historic sites or districts.
- Increase public awareness of the value of historic, architectural and cultural preservation.
- Evaluate and comment on decisions by other public agencies affecting the physical development and land use patterns in or affecting designated historic sites.
- Make recommendation to the City Council regarding:
- The utilization of grants from Federal and State agencies, private groups, and individuals to promote the preservation of historic or architecturally significant structures in Golden.
- The acquisition of facade easements and the imposition of other restrictions for purposes of historic preservation.
- Property contracts for the purpose of historic preservation where private preservation is not feasible.
- Any other function which may be designated by resolution of the City Council.
Each HPB member will serve as a liaison to at least one other Board, Commission, and/or Historic Preservation group, with the expectation of regular attendance at their respective meetings. Being the point of contact or serving on a subcommittee often requires time and effort outside of scheduled HPB meetings. Responsibilities as a point of contact or as a member of a subcommittee may include forming a team, making contacts with entities or individuals outside of HPB, facilitating meetings or discussions, writing memos or guidelines, and some project management skills.
The Historic Preservation Board meets on the first Monday evening of each month in public hearing. These meetings take place in City Council Chambers, City Hall, 911 10th Street in Golden at 6:30 p.m. Study sessions may be scheduled the third Monday of each month.
To view agendas of upcoming meetings or view minutes or stream audio of meetings, visit our Agenda, Minutes, Web Casts, Schedule page.
To view archived agendas and minutes from meetings prior to June 2015, please visit our Document Center.
- Historic District Residential Design Guidelines
- Historic Surveyed Properties
- Types of Historic Designation
- By Laws
- Certificate of Appropriateness
- Historic Site Designation Application
- A Timeline for Golden
- Endangered Sites List 2005
- Endangered Sites List 2004
- Walking Tour Brochure of Historic Golden