Permit Application Requirements
On April 4, 2022 the City of Golden started with a new, easy-to-use online platform for processing all Building, Fire and Planning permits.
You will no longer need to submit permits to us in-person at our offices–you’ll be able to submit your application with ease using your desktop computer.
Visit our Online Portal!
What does that mean for you?
- Ease of use and ability to track when applying for permits, contractor registrations, ROWs, etc.
- All payments will be made through the Online Portal.
- If you need assistance on what type of permit you need, please refer to our Building Permit Guide .
- All inspection requests will be made through the Portal.
- All scheduled inspections will be confirmed in an email notification.
- Inspections will still occur from the north to the south.
- No more calling and waiting to hear back from staff to make a payment.
- Plans will not be printed on the front end of the application, and approved plans will be printed when approved. No more paper revisions!
to register for an account and submit permits online.
If you need assistance on what type of permit you need, please refer to our Building Permit Guide.
Applications, Forms and Resources
- Single Family Dwelling Checklist Use this checklist for Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU’s), Additions, Remodels, New SFR
- ICC Home Building Guides
- ICC Public Access Building Codes
- Required Permits Guide
- Building Use Tax Handout
- Building Permit Self Audit Worksheet
- Unlicensed Contractors Fact Sheet
- Rebates for Sustainable Projects
- Water and Sewer Tap Application
- Development Fee Schedule