To determine if the property is within the City of Golden please use the Jefferson County Address Wizard. Enter only the street number and look at the municipality listing.
- Building Permit Application
- Permit Process Instructions
- Single Family Dwelling Checklist Use this checklist for Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU’s), Additions, Remodels, New SFR
- ICC Home Building Guides
- ICC Public Access Building Codes
- Required Permits Guide
- Commercial Fire Application Process
- Required Submittal for Commercial Tenant Finishes, Remodels or Alterations
- Revised or Supplemental Submittal Form
- Building Use Tax Handout
- Building Permit Self Audit Worksheet
- Unlicensed Contractors Fact Sheet
Permit Fees are based on the valuation of the project. The Plan Review Fee (when applicable) is paid upon submittal of the permit application. Building Permit Fees and Building Use Tax are due upon issuance of the permit.
Other Permit Information
To check to see if an address is in the City limits of Golden, go to the Jefferson County Address Wizard – be sure to look under ‘Municipal Status’.