Check permit status and inspection status online (click on the link and enter in the address or the permit number).
Structural Design Criteria
- Ground Snow Load – 42.9 p.s.f.
- Wind Load – Vasd 116 m.p.h. or equivalent V ult 150 m.p.h. ~ 3 second gust, exposure C
- Roof Snow Load – 30 p.s.f.
- Frost Depth – 36 inches
The City of Golden’s Building Safety and Inspection Service Division has adopted the 2015 International Building Codes.
The Building Safety and Inspection Service Division administers and enforces Golden’s Building Code, which provides minimum standards to control the design, construction, quality of materials, use, occupancy, location, and maintenance of all buildings and structures.
City of Golden Codes
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 International Existing Buildings Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
(Including Appendix Chapter F dealing with radon control for new single family dwellings)
- 2014 National Electrical Code
All permit applications and plans/specifications for all structures need to demonstrate compliance with the 2015 Building Codes series.
The Building Division is responsible for administering and enforcing the adopted International Codes, National Electrical Code, and City ordinances to ensure that commercial and residential structures are built to standards that protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens and general public.
As a part of the Public Works Department, the Building Division is dedicated to keeping our community safe by issuing building permits, performing inspections, reviewing plans, and administering building codes for all construction in the City of Golden.
Our highly trained employees deliver services in a professional and respectful manner to maintain and improve the quality of life for our residents.