Permits & Fees
A Building Permit Application is to be submitted for all Required Permits. Permits requiring Plan Review also require two sets of plans for residential projects and three sets of plans for commercial projects. A Revised Submittal Form must be submitted for any projects that require additional, revised, or supplemental information.
- Building Permit Application
- ICC Home Building Guides
- Required Permits Guide
- Required Submittal for Commercial Tenant Finishes, Remodels or Alterations
- Revised or Supplemental Submittal Form
- Building Use Tax Handout
- Building Permit Self Audit Worksheet
- Unlicensed Contractors Fact Sheet
Permit Fees are based on the valuation of the project. The Plan Review Fee (when applicable) is paid upon submittal of the permit application. Building Permit Fees and Building Use Tax are due upon issuance of the permit.
Other Permit Information
To check to see if an address is in the City limits of Golden, go to the Jefferson County Address Wizard – be sure to look under ‘Municipal Status’.