The Downtown Development Authority (DDA) was established in 2014, pursuant to the November 2013 vote authorizing its creation. The DDA is a special district entity authorized and directed by state statute to benefit the economic and community vitality of the downtown area. Beginning in mid 2014, the DDA began to take over downtown benefit programs from the Golden Urban Renewal Authority (GURA), which will begin to focus only on its other URA project areas. The DDA will also be authorized to provide tax increment economic incentives to eligible redevelopment projects, much like GURA was able to do in the past.
Funding for the DDA’s efforts will come from incremental sales and property taxes generated after 2014, a special 5 mill downtown property tax, and seed loans and grants from GURA and the City.
DDA’s Focus Areas
- Business Vitality & Support
- Community Character & Culture
- Public Space & Infrastructure
- Land Use & Transportation
The DDA has many grant programs to help businesses thrive, enhance arts and culture opportunities, and make downtown a wonderful place to visit. You are encouraged to explore the funding assistance programs. For eligibility requirements and applications, please visit the Grant Opportunities page.
- The DDA is investing in additional sidewalks that link the residential areas of the DDA to the downtown core.
- The organization is investigating major improvements to the electrical infrastructure along Washington Avenue and eastern portions of the downtown.
- Recently, the board began to discuss downtown legacy projects and large infrastructure projects that might occur in the next several years.
- Save the date for DDA meetings. The 2017 meeting calendar with tentative discussion topics are in the Helpful Documents section of this webpage.
- Sign up for DDA’s email list to get more updates.
DDA Board Meetings
The DDA meets on the third Monday of each month (unless otherwise noted on the calendar) at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers.
To view agendas of upcoming meetings or view minutes or stream audio of meetings, visit our Agenda, Minutes, Web Casts, Schedule page.
To view archived agendas and minutes from meetings prior to May 2015, please visit our Document Center.
|Board Member||Term Ends|
|Brandon Narva||April 2018|
|Dean Valdez||April 2019|
|JJ Risch||April 2019|
|Mayor Pro Tem Joe Behm||April 2020|
|Byran Oldham||April 2020|
|Dave Anderson||April 2022|
|Jackie Greiner||April 2022|