The City allows the keeping of the below listed domestic animals with the approval of a Small Animal License, processed through our Small Animal License Application with an accompanying fee of $45.
- The keeping of up to 6 chicken hens
- Beehives for domesticated honeybees
- Dwarf miniature goats
- Pot-bellied pigs
- Rabbits, chinchillas, or ducks
Please review the municipal code requirements for the animal(s) you are requesting:
- Section 18.26.060 Backyard Chickens
- Section 18.26.070 Beekeeping
- Section 18.26.080 Dwarf Goats and Pot-bellied Pigs
- Section 18.26.090 Rabbits, Chinchillas, and Ducks
Along with the application you will need to submit proof of ownership and approval from the owner if you are renting, a sketch of the property noting the location of the coup, hive, or cage for the required animal and distances to the property line to ensure required setbacks and easements are maintained. Additionally, you will need to submit a design of the proposed housing for the animals noting the means of predator proofing the enclosure.
The Small Animal License is not subject to renewal but can be suspended or revoked if the city determines the property is not in compliance with the code requirements.