The Finance Department is headed by the City Treasurer/Finance Director, and is responsible for providing accurate, relevant and timely reports to management, City Council, and citizens regarding the financial status of the City and impact of financial decisions.
The Department also maintains the City’s accounting system and is responsible for making policy recommendations to the City Manager and Council to preserve the long-term financial health of the City.
Finance Department Responsibilities
City Budgets & Annual Financial Reports
The most recent city budgets are available for download in PDF format below. For budgets prior to 2009 – 2010, or hard copies of the budgets provided below (hard copy versions are much more lengthy than the summaries available here), please contact the Finance Department at (303) 384-8000.
- 2017-2018 Biennial Budget and CIP
- 2016 City of Golden Budget
- 2015-2016 Biennial Budget and CIP
- 2014 City of Golden Budget
- 2013 – 2014 Biennial Budget and CIP
- 2012 City of Golden Budget
- 2011 – 2012 Biennial Budget and CIP
- 2009 – 2010 Biennial Budget and CIP
Recent Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFRs) are available here in pdf format. For previous years’ reports, please contact the Finance Department at 303-384-8000.